Harmonica Lessons Review
Bono of U2, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, and Shakira – these are just a few of world-famous musicians who can play the harmonica like virtuosos and who have incorporated its sound into their music. With the Happy Harpin’ – the harmonica is also called the harp – lessons conducted by JP Allen, you have plenty of opportunities to play like a pro. You can then entertain your family and friends during parties, jam with musicians in private sessions, and even play in a blues or rock band!
Two Main Benefits:
According to JP Allen, his harmonica lessons are the best among online classes for two main reasons. We are inclined to believe his claims considering that he is a well-respected harmonica teacher at the University of Texas and the Austin Community College, aside from his experience with a touring band. His clients have also testified as to the effective results of his online teaching methods, a few of which will be discussed in the following section.
The three main benefits that attract clients to the Happy Harpin’ lessons are:
• Seven Minutes of Daily Practice Only – This is different from other online harmonica lessons where the teacher provides for a week of instruction, usually an hour each day, and then leaves the student to practice on her own.
Unfortunately, it often leads to boredom, backsliding and picking up on bad habits sans the teacher’s guidance. In JP Allen’s lessons, you only need to set aside 7 minutes of your time each day for the lessons, which cover a wide range of topics from essential breathing and hand techniques to rhythm, melody and harmony. You are assured of expert guidance every step of the way, not to mention that 7 minutes takes little out of your daily schedule.
• Step-by-Step Instructions – Learning to play the harmonica is made easier, faster and more fun than ever before. This is because the Happy Harpin’ lessons are designed for virtually everybody who wants to play the harmonica like a virtuoso. Each lesson builds on the gains of the last lessons, all while making it fun to learn for the entire 15 cumulative hours of the program.
Well, of course, you have to subscribe to the full Happy Harpin’ course to judge for yourself. Judging from the customer reviews, nonetheless, you can look forward to a great time with JP Allen while learning to make music on your harmonica.
Things You Will Learn
The lessons included in the cumulative 15 hours of video instructions include but are not limited to:
• Blues rhythm patterns and rhythm jam
• Techniques in breathing, blowing and drawing as well as coughing including the so-called tongue twister
• Taps, triangle patterns and hand quacking
• Bending, improvisation, and slip sliding away
JP Allen emphasizes learning to play the harmonica starting with rhythm instead of melody and technique. This is his secret to teaching the harmonica, just as he did with the award-winning Abra Moore.
A quick look at the student testimonials on the Happy Harpin’ official website reveals several positive reviews. Many thanked JP Allen for the easy, fast and fun lessons that made them learn difficult pieces like the Bohemian Rhapsody, Bad Moon Rising and bar blues progression while others were grateful for the opportunity to jam with bands, thanks to their newfound musical skills.
JP Allen has found a great way to leave a good legacy to the harmonica world via the Happy Harpin’ video instruction series. Now, if only you can tune it to these lessons.